Thursday, February 26, 2009

Clothing exchange

The Relief Society in my old ward just did this and it makes a load of sense to me. Not to mention that I've heard a lot of my friends lately say something along the lines of "I need a new ward robe or I need to get a new outfit". So, I was thinking, what if we did a clothing exchange? We could take clothes we didn't want anymore (taking into account stains and holes...and not bringing those items, of course) or things that we can't fit into anymore (unfortunately I have a few items like that...ok, A LOT of items like that) and put them in a pile. Then anyone can rummage through the stuff and pick what they want to take home. If we get a large enough group of gals who are willing to sort through their crap (treasure) then maybe we can actually do some good here. There's bound to be something for everyone and what no one wants we'll just take to the DI, or Goodwill.

What do you think? Is this a good idea? Am I crazy for even thinking it?

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I've heard of these and I think it sounds like fun! I always worry that no one else will be my size or something.

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

This is a great idea and fun to do-but I just gave about 5 garbage bags of old/too big clothes to the DI a few months back. I took advantage of my not fitting in anything to cut my emotional ties to my clothes. This was when we were considering putting the house on the market and I wanted our closet to look spacious. Dang.

Unknown said...

My old ward (Cory's parent's), would have an exchange every time there was a relief society thing going, the exchange was combined with another ward. It is an excellent idea especially for those that have children and can basically swap some clothes with other women that need some clothes for their children.

Tonya said...

I think it's a GREAT idea. I just got DI happy and gave some clothes away! If you do it I will see what I can scrounge up. Way to be even more thrifty:0)