Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Thanks

Since I posted that I needed help with Alex, he's been A LOT better. In fact, he hasn't said "hate" once since then. He's screamed a couple of times, but only at frustration with zipping up his coat or something like that. I think it has been prayer, to be honest, that has brought about this mighty change and one other thing. I've charged him with being a helper. I have been asking him to help me do little things - take out the trash, pick up his toys, etc...and then I praise him for it. He seems to think that is quite nifty. It is almost night and day now the difference. I'm still looking forward to my book getting here, and I know that a couple of days of good behavior doesn't necessarily mean a lifetime of it, but I'm hopeful. So, thanks for keeping us in your thoughts, I think doing so has helped.

Another thing I think helped was that we went over to Grandma and Papa's house the other night for a little bit and they enjoyed themselves (the kids that is, I can't speak for the grandparents). They had fun playing with some new toys and getting what they thought was special attention. They don't see them that often because we are all busy, so it was really nice. Thanks Grandma for helping out and letting us hang out. :)

Nothing new to post...I'm going to try something new with my deals. I'll start posting what coupons to use with doublers and what store to go to and how much money you should spend to see if that helps you guys out so you can copy cat. Might work out alright. For instance...there is a Hunts Coupon for $0.40 off 1 hunts can of tomato sauce or diced tomatoes. The deal at Albertson's is buy 20 cans for $20.00 and get $5.00 back. So, use ten 40 cent coupons with 3 doublers at Albertson's and you'll pay $12.00 ($11.00 if they double at 50 cents per coupon) and you'll get $5.00 back, thus paying $7.00 for 20 cans. Not a bad deal, especially good for food storage.

So, as I go through the ads I'll start posting. Hopefully this will prove to be helpful.

1 comment:

Hesses Madhouse said...

Thanks for letting me come over this morning! It was so helpful. I went right over and did what you instructed. I spent $21 and saved $49. Woohooo! We even got back in time for the Kindy bus.

You're amazing! Thanks for being so willing to help me save money.

If you want to do the computer thing, I can bring my laptop over, or you could come over here sometime.

BTW, did you hear about kids coming to my house on Friday morning so moms can have some time away? If you're interested, give me a call.