Friday, October 3, 2008

Getting fancier, maybe

I am attempting to change things up a bit...we'll have to see if I can figure things out further over the next week. I'm going to try to do better. Work was long today, which is fine because it always is long for me. Of course I had some weird things to work through, which is par for the course....I just wish I had more time to get things done that I really want to get done...don't we all.

Austin is shaping up to be a really great reader. I was a little worried about him for awhile and I have people tell me all the time that you have a child that is really great at math or reading....and Austin is really good with numbers. I just assumed he would always struggle with reading, but for the last week or so he has really shown a lot of improvement and has been even reading his own homework assignments! I'm very pleased with him.

I think it is pretty much official people...the grapes on one of my vineyards is nearly completely dried up. Judy came over and picked the last of them on that vine. I'll have to head out tomorrow and pick the concords. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them yet, we might just freeze and eat them. I was going to make raisins, but I can buy them for so much less, especially with the cost of electricity these days.

I'll have to post some pictures soon. Everyone will have to see what Sam's new short hair-do looks like. I'm finally over the initial shock of it all and I think pictures will be in order.

Oh, and hey, I made $40.00 today by selling some of my excess food storage! :) My work asked me to bring in some food for them because they can get it from me cheaper than they can from the store, so they were very excited. I have another order for next week which is going to be well over $60.00. Not too bad considering I only spend about $145.00/month on groceries for myself! Which reminds me that I need to do some deals tomorrow and Monday night and Tuesday night. It's hard to remember at this point because I really do have nearly everything I need. One thing I do want to start doing again is making my own bread. I haven't made a home made loaf in a couple of years....I should buy some yeast in fact. I'll let you know how that turns out...hopefully my bread maker still works. :)

Jon made dinner tonight and everyone ate it, except for Sam. She is getting increasingly picky lately...but I was just happy I didn't have to make it. What a good husband he is, I sure appreciate and love him.

I'm going to go to bed early...I'm just so tired lately. I think that's my body's cue for GET SOME MORE REST!

1 comment:

Hesses Madhouse said...

Thanks for your nice comment, Rebecca. I'm enjoying your blog too. It's nice to see into someone's life a bit more than the norm.

You can borrow any Twilight book you want. I will bring book one to church with me on Sunday, so find me, and you can have it.

As far as couponing goes, I'm thinking mornings between 9 and 11 or evenings would be my best times.