Ok, so here's attempt #2 to get this out to you all. I will, indeed, be copying these down so that in the event of another blogger failure, I won't have to re-write everything...again.
25 interesting (or at least things) about me that perhaps you didn't already know:
1. In 8th grade I ran for class president. I thought myself to be the change my class needed, but obviously the majority didn't think so because I didn't win. While most of competition allured the student body to vote for them with banners that read something like, "More soda machines throughout the school!", mine ALL read, "I don't make any promises, I only give results."...now, I thought I was rather clever...but apparently everyone else thought that more soda was the key. (Of note is that we never did get more soda machines.)
2. Also, in 8th grade I made my first pair of pants. They were dark green paisley MC Hammer pants. LOL I wore them once and out of sheer embarrassment never wore them again. It was truly tragic.
3. I dated a little person. He was very nice and sweet, but it obviously didn't work out.
4. I love Robert Pattinson, or maybe just love to look at him... I have no explaination for it. I mean, I find the fact that he only washes his hair every 6 weeks and drinks and smokes repulsive, but once again...I've no reason for his appeal.
5. I promised my brother-in-law that I would never, in a million years, ever wear bell bottoms, and if I did I would pay him $100.00. I am proud to say I never have....there's just something wrong with a little kid being able to hide themselves in a pant leg...
6. I play no musical instruments. I always wanted to learn to play the piano, and I've not given up on that dream yet, but as of now I can't play.
7. I had a hamster, Teddy, when I was around 7 years old. I used to let him run around my room free. One day I stepped on him and broke his neck, thus ending his little life. I was so scared I would get into trouble that I put him back in his cage and told my mom he jumped off his wheel and broke his neck. Later, missing my friend and feeling intensely guilty, I confessed. I felt better, but still sad.
8. I have had only one surgery, three times.
9. I broke my pinkie finger while trying to catch a football. After I realized it was broken I attempted to put it back into place myself, but I only broke it worse. The guy who threw the football felt so wretched he followed me around saying sorry at least a million times. Poor kid.
10. Jon took me to my senior prom. I've no doubt he was the oldest date there. He looked rather dashing in a tux...I'll have to see if I can find a picture so you can see his hottness. :)
11. As a teenager, I was pretty tame. I got good grades, didn't make terrible choices....but one choice I really do regret. Maybe it's because I'm a mom now and am older and can see the error of my ways. I used to drive around North Bend with my friends, without my permit or license.
12. I used to work at Intel. It was a great job, but they had a huge hiring freeze and I got the boot.
13. My stage name if I were a stripper would be Marowie Pine. (I never planned on being a stripper, I don't even like showing my arms above the elbow, but apparently to find out what your stage name would be you take the name of your first pet and then the first street you lived on and add them together.)
14. My favorite place to go outdoors is Gold and Silver Falls, just outside of Coos Bay. There's nothing like hiking up either one of the falls on a spring or summer day. So beautiful.
15. I'm almost always cold, even in the summer. So, a lot of the time if I'm not wearing a jacket, I have on a tank top to help keep me warm.
16. I broke a boy's nose, and another boy's arm. I was mean to the boys...both times were not intentional, however. The first I shoved the guy's face into the drinking fountain when he was getting a drink...he always did that to me! The second boy kept trying to hold my hand while roller skating and I just wouldn't have that so I sort of flung him off me.
17. It is not beneath me to pick up money on the ground, no matter how little. A penny saved is a penny earned.
18. I'm allergic to nylon. Seriously. It's awful because you don't realize how many things have at least a little bit of nylon in them. When I was younger I thought it was worth it to wear pantyhose if I went to a party or something, but then shortly after arriving had to take them off and spend the rest of the time doped up on Benadryl and with legs swollen twice their normal size and HUGE hives. Now I realize it's over rated. Actually, a lot of women have told me that they wished that they had an allergy to them. :)
19. I love to paint. Not anything creative or artsy, just the wall....and usually only one color at a time.
20. I love to read. A lot.
21. I was big in theater when I was in high school. My favorite character played was a multi-personality gal who at several points in the play thought that she was Lassie. My impersonation had the place in stitches...probably from all the butt sniffing I did. Really.
22. I've had a lot of different animals over the course of my life...too many different kinds to even name..I'd probably miss one or two if I tried. My favorite are dogs though.
23. For the last day, I've had to endure something awful....and I realize that it's my fault entirely. I introduced Jon to Old Greg...my life will never be the same. If you haven't already heard of Old Greg...please don't look him up on the net...you'll regret it. Jon has found an "Old Greg Soundboard"...I have heard it played over and over again. He thinks it is the funniest thing. Seriously though, don't look it up...it's disturbing.
24. I love to cook. I like following receipes and making my own. I don't do it as often as I should though.
25. I don't own any dresses...well none that I can currently fit into anyway! I ususally always wear a skirt and top if I have to dress up. Huh.
So that's it. I actually think this list is entirely different from the first I came up with. Some things are repeated...which means that there are more than 25 things about me that I thought were interesting. Weird. I would have never thought. So, now I'm supposed to pick 25 people to do this same thing. Not quite sure I know that many people, here's what I'll do. If you read this and feel so inclined to try it yourself, then do. It's sort of fun actually.