Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ding, Ding, Ding!

What's the saying? "If it's not one thing, it's another." That pretty much sums it up I think. We have a new development at our lovely home. I finally finished spray painting a chandelier that I bought over 6 months ago and Jon finally put it up today. It's quite lovely and we really like it a lot. Matches the dining room much better now. In fact, I need to post some pictures of it so everyone else can appreciate it too, or at least see what it looks like. So one project down....I won't bother telling you that our bathroom downstairs is still partially gutted and how I feel about that...

Anyway, so I was taking a bath. A little treat for the sick lady, and I hear a strange noise going on downstairs. I hurried out of my warm bath. To be fair though, I had already washed, soaked, drained the tub and filled it up with new clean water. (I have to do that every time now on account of Rick Wetherell telling me when I was younger that when you take a bath all you do is marinate in your own juices..kind of takes the enjoyment right out of it, eh?) Anyway, I throw some clothes on and storm down the stairs to investigate the noise polluting my ears, and I find Jon with the shop vac sucking my bathwater off of the floor, and sink! Apparently, we have a clog or something that is causing the bathwater to drain into the downstairs sink and it overflows onto the floor on account that it has a crack in it. Good times. Apparently he found out about it because he heard a splashing sound and went to find Sam splashing around naked, only after trying to help stop the water by taking all the dirty laundry (at least it wasn't clean laundry) and trying to sop it up. I'm thankful that she didn't decide on unloading the hand soap into it to make a bubble bath. So now, we're going to have to figure out why it's doing that. So, if it's not one thing, it's another.

No comments: