Thursday, November 6, 2008

Today was a good day. I ended up getting all the laundry folded and actually put away! That, in itself, was a huge accomplishment and I think you'd agree if you saw how huge the pile was! Then we got the entire downstairs picked up, with exception of my office...but I'm not sure that will ever be organized and I've kind of resolved myself to the fact that it just is going to be rather lived in messily for awhile. I've got other things to worry about that are more of a priority..like people.

Austin has been riding the bus. He actually likes it a lot. I've been enjoying walking the couple of blocks to the stop to pick him up. It's been kind of funny how much Alex talks during that time. He's such a sweet spirit. He was telling me today about how he found a coupon in the bushes yesterday and couldn't believe I didn't pick it up. I told him that I didn't even see any coupon on the ground because surely I would have picked it up. "That's what I thought, mom, I knew you didn't saw it." When we went by the same bush it was still there today and I saw that it was only an ad, not a coupon. I regret now that I didn't pick it up, not because Alex thought it was a coupon, but because it was a good opportunity for him to see that even if I didn't want that particular thing it would be good to pick up the trash and take care of it. I didn't think about it until we were home. Maybe I'll bring a bag so we can pick up trash along our route to and from the bus stop so he has the opportunity to help in his community. (Maybe if he is so willing to pick up outdoors the desire to do that indoors will be greater?...I know...wishful thinking.)

Anyway, I've got to get some work done before it gets too much later. Hope this finds you all well.

1 comment:

Hesses Madhouse said...

What a great mom you are! I'm with you on the laundry getting all folded and put away. It's such a HUGE feeling of accomplishment.