Saturday, November 22, 2008

Life list

So, Jon got me something while he was away, and I feel thoughtless that I didn't do the same for him. Anyway, he got me something that was just very me...Hard Rock Hotel PS3 drum sticks. LOL I know it may seem silly to most of you, but I love them! They have flames that go up the sticks. Very nice. I'm looking forward to putting them to the test...maybe they'll help me play better? I seriously doubt it, especially since you have to actually play frequently to get better, but I look forward to giving them a shot anyway.

I never have learned to play an instrument, but this is fun.

So, here's the scoop. I was talking to a friend of mine, Theresa (she helped me with the class, and I'm sure it wouldn't have turned out for the better without her help) and she said that they were doing life lists at their house. I asked her what that meant and she said that everyone was writing down things that they wanted to accomplish in their lifetime, not by a certain date or time (in fact, she said that they purposely didn't put a time limit on these things). I thought this a very interesting thing and remembered that when I was about 14 or 15 I did the same thing, of course, I cannot find that list anywhere, maybe it's in an old journal or something buried or forever lost. I remember on that list I had wanted to be an orthodontist by the time I was 25 (how naive I was then to think I would finish school in that short of a time and a residency) and that I wanted to have read The Book of Mormon, things like that.

Obviously, I'm not an orthodontist. I do work in the dental field, but by no means am close to that goal, or have any desire for that at this point in my life now. I have read The Book of Mormon front to back since that time, but I can only count once that that has happened. I usually skip around and read all over the place depending on my mood, which is pretty sad considering I'm going to be 30 next month...

So, I was thinking about doing a new list. I would like to challenge you to do the same actually because I think that it would be fun. Here's a few things that I can come up with that I don't mind sharing:

Read The Book of Mormon front to back. (I can't put a number on the amount of times to read it, so I'll just leave it at that...I don't know that such a number really could exist anyway.)

Have another baby (Jon would tell you he would rather I forgot about this one, but I just can't. And, since I wanted to be done by the time I was 30, and that is obviously not going to happen, who knows!)

This is really lame and silly, I know, but I can't help putting it on the list because I'm that vain....but get a tummy tuck! LOL (Hey, I don't think that my body was supposed to react as badly as it did when having kids...even my doctor said it was really uncommon.)

I'll probably regret putting this on the list someday, but run a marathon. (This also implies loosing about 50lbs or so....)



Ok, that's enough for now. I've got to get some more things done that don't have to be on any list, they just have to get done...

No comments: