BILL GATES vs GMFor all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the waycomputers have enhanced our lives, read on.At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared thecomputer industry with the auto industry and stated:'If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, wewould all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.'
In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating:'If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all bedriving cars with the following characteristics (and I just love thispart):
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash........Twice a day.
2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have tobuy a new car.
3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. Youwould have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows,shut off the car, restart it and reopen the windows before you couldcontinue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
4. Occasionally, executing a manoeuvre such as a left turn would causeyour car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you wouldhave to reinstall the engine.
5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, wasreliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but wouldrun on only five percent of the roads.
6. The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would allbe replaced by a single 'This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation'warning light.
7. The airbag system would ask 'Are you sure?' before deploying.
8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you outand refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the doorhandle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learnhow to drive all over again because none of the controls would operatein the same manner as the old car.
10. You'd have to press the 'Start' button to turn the engine off.Please share this with your friends who love - but sometimes hate -their computer!
Ok...so I especially love #8...so funny.